Information & Scheduling
- Guided tours are geared for school-aged children (all grades). The courthouse is open to the general public during normal business hours; 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM.
- Mondays are typically very busy days at the courthouse. For that reason, we schedule tours to be held Tuesday through Friday.
- Let us know how much time you have. We can shorten or lengthen the tour accordingly.
- Tours can include: Q&A session with one of our judges, a mock trial, observation of live proceedings, meet and greet with a sheriff's deputy and their canine partner, and presentations from the various departments within the courthouse.
- Familiarize yourself with the courthouse decorum, attire, and rules.
- We would like to share pictures of your experience. Complete and return the talent release form.
- Public parking is available at two locations:
- Large buses may find it easier to get in and out of the Castleberry Parking Facility or
they may choose to use the surface parking located across from the Cumming Fairgrounds.
Please make every effort to arrive on time. If you’re running late, please call 770-965-7135.
Deputies will block traffic as school buses unload students at the curb directly in front of the courthouse. Once inside, all attendees must go through security screening; this involves removing shoes, belts, and any items from pockets - so travel light! Afterwards, your group will be taken to the Jury Assembly room where the tour will begin with two to three brief presentations from different departments within the courthouse on their responsibilities. Then, your group will make its way to a judge’s courtroom to observe live proceedings – real cases scheduled for that day. At the conclusion of the tour, deputies will again block traffic as students load into school buses.
*All activities are subject to the availability of judges and staff
The courthouse is compliant with the Americans with Disabilities Act. If any member of your group requires any type of accommodation, please indicate so when scheduling the tour.